How to run a forum – Step 3
Book a suitable venue
- Is the venue close to public transport? Does it have enough free parking?
- Ensure the venue has these technical facilities available:
- a data projector and screen to play your PowerPoint presentation
- a sound system and relevant cables to be able to play videos off your laptop
- a laptop you can use, or check that you are able to bring your own
- microphones for speakers/panel members and the audience
- Wi-Fi if you need it.
- Does the venue have an area where you can set up a registration desk?
- Is there an in-house or preferred caterer (if you are providing catering)?
Note: Local council buildings can often be useful and neutral locations, and in some cases the council will even provide free venues/catering.