If you or someone you know is in a crisis, please call 000 immediately.
Looking for non-judgmental and confidential information or advice? DrugInfo can help.
Are you seeking help for yourself or are you concerned about a loved one?
Are you a health or welfare professional looking for information?
Call or email DrugInfo for facts about alcohol and other drugs, advice on how to support a loved one, and to get connected with relevant services in your state and territory.
We’re available Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm AEST. This service is available in Australia only.
Looking for help for your own alcohol and other drug use?
Our trained DrugInfo advisors can:
- provide information on the effects of alcohol and other drugs
- talk you through options for alcohol and other drug treatment and support services and provide referrals
- give you referrals for other support options, such as mental health services.
Concerned about a friend or family member’s alcohol and other drug use?
Our trained DrugInfo advisors can give you:
- advice on talking to family, friends and young people about alcohol and other drugs
- information on available options for alcohol and other drug treatment and support services in your area
- information on the effects of drugs.
Are you a health or welfare professional or student looking for information about alcohol and other drugs?
Our DrugInfo advisors can provide:
- resources and information to support health and welfare professionals and community workers to reduce harm from alcohol and other drug use
- free resources for events
- help with school and university projects.
In crisis or seeking counselling?
DrugInfo is not a counselling service and can’t provide crisis or emergency support.
If it’s an emergency, please call 000 immediately. Call Lifeline on 13 11 14 for crisis support.
If you’re after counselling, we can link you to counselling services when you call.
For deaf or hard of hearing to access our service, please contact the National Relay Service on 133 677.
Alcohol and Drug Foundation’s services are here to support communities across all states and territories. We welcome everyone to our service.
Not sure what you are looking for? Try our intuitive Path2Help tool and be matched with support information and services tailored to you.Find out more
Drug information directory
Australia’s leading search directory on alcohol and other drugs